Reading

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DESERT                  
          By Thomas, Anna, Jaeha and Simon


As I walk along the sun shines onto my body and scorches my skin. Suddenly I look over my shoulder and see a myriad of sand blowing around everywhere. "Water?” nope that was just my silly   imagination playing tricks on my confused mind.

The sound of snakes hissing like crazy chaotic beasts rings on my ears. The sandstorms are strong enough to knock me off my feet. I could taste dry gritty sand getting blown into my eyes and mouth, it felt like sand was all over my body. The cactus danced in the heat.

Then without warning a slithery snake starts crawling along my body, I hold in my breath silently  hoping it won’t hear me, my fear has overtaken me.

Meanwhile I see a brown , rusty , gritty tumbleweed trundling along. In the horizon I see a pack of grizzling coyotes (obviously I avoided that direction).

As I trundle along my tired feet sink into the burning hot sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment